Thursday, August 11, 2016

This is Vanessa, I named her after my 3rd child who turned out to be Anthony, so I had an unused favorite name. She is a lovely green New Home. I know that I am behind a lot of people who collect vintage machines, but I have only recently come out of the closet and admitted my love of them, most of my family don't understand the fascination, and think they are a waste of space. I have always loved them, and now I am standing firm on my right to have a few. After all I only have 4 vintage now, and three modern besides the two sergers that don't count. It's not excessive yet.
The two extra grandchildren left this morning, it was so lovely to see them. I did a bit of sewing, but I had to clear a space to put Vanessa so I am cleaning in the basement, and going through the clutter that had collected in the space I wanted to put her. If something comes in an equally large box of something has to go out. I no longer am keeping stuff that I might use someday, only the things I know I will use. It's amazing what I find poked into odd corners here and there. Never what I am looking for mind you, but always something to discard.
I have been doing some sewing, nothing remarkable but keeping busy, always important. Also weaving, I have about ten inches woven and am very pleased with how the project is coming along. I have been planning the next couple of projects, but I am nowhere near to deciding, I will be weaving on this one for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment