Thursday, April 13, 2017

Yesterday was my monthly class for BPD, so not much sewing happened, I was really tired by the time I got home. After class I went to Goodwill because I needed a flower pot, I also found a nice gallon jar to replace the button jar that I broke, and four coffee cups to keep down here for when I want to make a single cup of coffee. Not a bad haul for under ten dollars.
This is about the only houseplant I have room for and she needed a new pot. The old one was so small that it kept tipping over. It was totally rootbound and wouldn't absorb water. When I was repotting it I realized how much I have missed working with my houseplants and I have been wondering if I could find a place for another one, although if I bring something in the front door I have to take something out the back. Now if only I can keep the cat from biting on it. Ambrosina says he does it to floss his teeth on the spines.

I got started on the next quilting project this morning. I don't think I can keep up the pace much longer though, I have to start winding warp as soon as it's warm enough out under the back porch to set up the warping wheel and it is supposed to get up nearly to eighty this weekend. How lovely that is! I also have the winter's clutter to clean out from that part of the basement as soon as it is warm enough. I will be so glad when the kids can afford to finish the rest of the basement for us. They are talking about putting radiant heat in the floor. How great would that be? A bathroom and a little kitchen for us, that is the stuff dreams are made of, especially the bathroom. Anthony is to have a room down here too, although I am not sure how everything is going to fit in. It's one of those wait and see things.

But that will have to wait. They are going to put electricity in the garage this year and insulate the house and what a mess that will be. My sewing corner upstairs has to be packed away for a while but it will give me a chance to reorganize and get rid of stuff that has been stuck into where ever I could find space for it. I will also list all my UFOs and work towards finishing them when things are back together.

But for now on to finishing more Pinwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment