Thursday, April 20, 2017

The weather turned cold and rainy this week. Typical spring weather so I am not complaining, spring is pretty good and we need the rain to get ready for summer. I won't be winding warp this week anyway.
I started quilting this yesterday. Not my favorite colors, but it really pops. It's another, yes, another, Drunkard's Path variation, my third. I am fascinated with the many different layouts and settings one can have with just the one basic unit. I have one more in the piecing stage, one more in the pinning stage and 2 more in the planning stage, and it's only the beginning of what can be done.

I started the dreadful c word-cleaning out in the little sitting room. It always looks worse before it looks better, and because I let it go there is a lot of clutter again. When am I going to learn just to put things away? I don't suppose I ever will. I'm 62 and I always thought when I didn't have kids making a mess housekeeping would be easy. Such a disillusionment. (And if that isn't a hard word to spell right!) I should have known better. Husbands are just as clutterful as children. I am almost as bad as children. But in my defense, I get inspired and forget about everything but what I am working on until I have to come up for air. I wish cleaning was as inspiring as sewing. I guess ya can't have everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment