Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Off to a good start on the next 16 blocks of Log Cabin Heart. It doesn't take long to make sixteen blocks, and I probably will finish them tomorrow, unless I go to the Butterfly House. We haven't been for a couple of weeks and it's time again.
Another top finished, this one is called Tumblers and it is a one-patch, that is there is only one shape in the whole thing repeated over and over. They are shaped like drinking glasses, hence Tumblers. It will get basted the next time I baste and won't take long to finish, it is a table runner. It has a lot of my favorite fabrics in it that were getting down to just scraps. I have quite a few of the cut pieces remaining and I am going to make a wall hanging for over my bed with them, or maybe 2 there are a lot still in the tub. Evidently when I start cutting I don't know when to stop and I cut a lot more than I would have needed.

I didn't quite get to halfway on Polka Dots as I was planning, but that's ok it's still early in the week and it's not as if I have a deadline, I just want to get it done.

I'm on the last big triangle block down here and the Pinwheel pile is going down pretty fast now. Tomorrow I will iron the big blocks and set them aside until I get the rest of the Pinwheels off the sewing machine, they would be in the way of the tops as I work on them.

This week may seem to be an extension of last week, and the week before that. Life doesn't change a whole lot, but it's all good: I like being busy with what I do and I enjoy it very much. And it's coffee and hand work time, simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment