Monday, April 17, 2017

With my ninth finished quilt under my belt I decided to take some time off from UFOs and start a new project, I need a baby shower gift, and I wanted to practice some quilting. I had an idea for a big design I wanted to try so I did. I doodled it out on paper several times before I started in thread and I am pleased with the way it is coming.


I had intended this to just be a practice piece, but it is turning out so well that I will bind it and use it for the gift I need. I should be able to finish it tomorrow and then I will go back to one of the UFOs I have basted and that I want to get done this year.


Spider Web, this is a small quilt, the back is pieced, but it doesn't show because small pieces of the same fabric. I had a dress cut out but I wasn't liking the way it was going together so I decided to use the big skirt pieces for the back of a quilt. I probably could have used this one for the shower gift, but I needed a change of pace. This quilt is about the size one would make for a youth bed.

I have already spent some time on Ernestine and the Pinwheels are coming along well, now it's time for hand sewing. I think the Grandmother's Flower Garden will be finished quite soon it's coming along fast and I think a couple more rows of blocks should do it; about 26 blocks. I haven't decided if I will machine quilt it or hand quilt it, there's plenty of time to decide that. For now there is great pleasure in a cup of coffee and my hand work.

No comments:

Post a Comment