Monday, April 24, 2017

Next installment of blocks for Long Cabin Heart. I have been getting sidetracked long enough and intend to finish this in the next couple of weeks. These are made with all light colored strips. They are used for fill-in blocks to keep the continuity of the borders.
This is just to show a couple of places where the blocks will go. I want to get the top finished in the next couple of weeks. I am about half done with the current quilt I am quilting and there is only one more basted, so I am hoping to get the top done by the time I am ready to baste again. We will see.

Other than that I am still plugging away at Pinwheels. A couple more days should see the large half-square triangle blocks, after that it will be straight Pinwheels until they are all done. Then the fun comes as I start putting the tops together.

Today the water company came and changed the meter on the water line. It was behind the machine where I work on the Drunkard's Path so we had to move everything. On the plus side of that is I had to clean up the clutter and now I can work on the Drunkard's Path again. Less cleaning time in the future too. Nothing like having to work in a hurry! In any case it's nice to be a little more organized.

So it looks like a busy week ahead of me. I'm going to bring some more things down from the attic. What I had planned to do today got postponed until tomorrow because of the water meter, but being behind one day is no big deal. Its really normal for me. It's nice to be normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment