Friday, April 21, 2017

And....it's crib sheets. Back in the day when I did this for a living it wasn't uncommon for me to sit down and sew about 40 crib sheets in a morning. I only made $2.00 per sheet, so I had to be fast to make any money at it. I am glad I don't have to do it any more.


They were stored in a tub with this comforter, cut out but not finished. I finished them so now I will have a quick baby gift if  I need one. I also found a red comforter cut out and partially sewn along with 4 more sheets red sheets cut but not sewn. I will sew them one of these days and then I will have little boy gifts too. I have several things in line though, so it won't be for a couple of weeks. Things may as well be stored finished as stored in pieces. It's nice to keep my hand in.

I am nearly finished with the big blocks made from left over half-square triangles, when those are done the rest of the Pinwheels will just fly under the needle of the treadle and then I can put blocks together. Can't wait, it will be so much fun. Actually it's fun right now, but I am starting to get a little tired of the big blocks. Only about 3 or 4 more.

Polka Dots is one quarter of the way quilted. I have had a good couple of days to work, less pain than usual, and how good that is. It must be because the weather is warming up. Like Spring, I am coming alive again. If I were to have another daughter I would name her Spring. Since that is never going to happen I am safe in saying that.

I hear the thunder of little feet, time to go up and see if I can get a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment