Tuesday, April 4, 2017

It's been a fairly productive day. My skirt and blouse are to the point where they need a fitting, basically just the hems. Tomorrow I will finish them, I hope, and start the jacket.
 I know the pile doesn't look any smaller, and in fact, I don't think it is, but I am cutting some finished ones off the chain, this next step will take a little longer. Each block has 4 seams to match instead of just the one that the big Pinwheels have. However,
 These are the last of the blocks that have sets of 4 Pinwheels in them. This tower of tubs holds the equivalent of two quilts. I cut them out a long time ago and when I get all these Pinwheels put together I will make a start on them. Probably not for a couple of months.
These are the finished large Pinwheels that I am cutting off the chain as I put the sets of 4 under the needle for the second time. All that remains for these is to spin the center seams and be put away until the rest of them are done. After I get the sets of four done then I will have just a small basket of single small Pinwheels to do. I hope that I will only be on block construction for a few more days before I can start putting the tops together, but we will see.

The weather has been lovely and warm, I am hoping it will encourage David to get out and get more exercise, he is putting on so much weight that it worries me.

So, it's time to hunt out where I left my coffee cup and sit down and spin the seams on my Pinwheels, such an activity requires coffee, it's not my favorite part of quilting, but it has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment