Saturday, April 15, 2017

 Another finish, but just barely. Happy did not want me to work on her quilt, I finally had to move her so I could trim the edges and bind it.

This is called Spider Web and it is a youth bed size. I had 20 blocks left over from another quilt, I miscounted, not hard for me to do, so I put them together. It's only about 3 years old so it's not too old, and it is the 9th finished quilt of the year, the year when all my UFOs get finished.

I did an all over pattern that I call bubbles, in orange. The quilting isn't going to show up much in such a busy pattern so I kept it simple. The next one I am going to try something fancy on. I have something in mind and I will see how it pans out. I probably won't have a picture of the whole thing until Monday. We won't be home much tomorrow.

The family is working out back today getting Ambrosina's garden started. This is the first year she has had it here, it's usually over at her mother-in-law's, but she is running out of space over there. They are building raised beds on the hillside, the only way she can do it since the hill is so steep. It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it. When it's done I will take some pictures. I would like to help her in the garden, but last time I tried I fell twice and she looks at me sternly when I mention it and David shakes his head. Gardening isn't my favorite anyway, but I enjoy looking at what the others do.

I am done with my lunch break, now it's time to get back at something probably Pinwheels, there are plenty of them to get done, but the pile is going down slowly, as usual I am in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment