Monday, April 10, 2017

I had to cut some more background pieces for my little turtles.
These are actually one of the many Drunkard's Path variations. I decided what size that I wanted to make them and then had David make me a wood template that will never wear out.

These are they seen with my assistant. I trace around the template sharp colored pencil and then use my rotary cutter and free hand cut just barely inside the line.
I have cut thousands, and I am sure I will probably cut thousands more. It doesn't take very long and I only cut a small amount at a time because they all have to be pinned before sewn and I don't do a lot of pinning at one time either. It takes about 800 units for the size quilt I have been making, but the turtle quilts won't take as many since I plan on making them only twin size.

It was a tough weekend. Ambrosina came down with my cold too and she's not feeling very good. She gets headaches and then gets crabby with the headache, I don't blame her a bit, I used to get very bad migraines myself and I am sure I was no picnic to live with. I would probably still get them if it weren't for all the medication I am on. I am headachy with this cold too, but not as bad as she. With small children she can't get the rest she needs either; how well I remember those days, being so sick I needed to go to bed but being so busy with the children I couldn't. I wouldn't have traded them for anything.

I am nearly finished with the tulip quilt, I probably could have finished it this morning if I hadn't spent time cutting. Then the bobbin went empty with only a few sashing strips left to quilt, but I said forget it because it was my last bobbin. Tomorrow I will be able to finish quilting and bind it in one sitting; that will be soon enough. For now, though, I am going to go out and sew some more Pinwheels on Ernestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment