Saturday, April 8, 2017

I have been spending every possible moment at the treadle. I wanted to get all the Pinwheels under the needle for the first seam and I made it.
That is a big pile of Pinwheels. All of the half-square triangles I had put together and cut have been used.
Except these. These are leftovers that I didn't have 4 of a kind to turn into Pinwheels and I am making them into these blocks.
It won't take long and I will alternate between them and finishing the 2nd seams on the Pinwheels. When they are done I will put them away while I finish the Pinwheels. After that the fun begins when I start exploring the many way that Pinwheels can be put together into quilts. I shouldn't say the fun begins because it has been a lot of fun putting the Pinwheels together so far. I have several ideas for blocks too that will keep me busy.
I finished my outfit too, it's all ready for the final pressing before I wear it on Tuesday. I'm thinking I will have someone take a picture of me in it although I hate having my picture taking, but a couple of people have been asking for pictures.

I feel pleased with what I have gotten done this week, which is just as well since I am coming down with a cold. I don't know who has shared it with me, or if I just picked it up on my own, I hope no one else gets it from me. Oh well, things can't be perfect and I shouldn't complain.

With two major projects either finished or at a good place I am going to focus on getting the current quilt I am quilting done this week and then a whole lot of small projects that have been sitting around for a while needing to get done. I have also been pinning my turtle blocks and I will resume working on Drunkard's Path blocks that I have been let sitting while I focused on Pinwheels. It wouldn't hurt to get some things put away either since I always let things go when focus to exclusion on one thing. There is always plenty to do, the biggest problem is figuring out which thing to do first!

No comments:

Post a Comment