Saturday, April 29, 2017

I'm taking a lovely slow afternoon, I probably should be doing some sewing but decided to put my feet up and watch some quilting videos.

I finished quilting Polka Dots and started the binding.

I chose a print to offset the solids of the quilt itself. I have to use a lot of solids because that's the scraps I have so I like to mix in prints whenever I can and the next quilt I start will be all prints!
All the blocks of the leftover half-square triangles are done. 38 of the big ones, 34 of the medium sized ones and 4 of the teensy weensy ones. It will be more than one quilt probably more than 2. They are going to wait until I get the Pinwheels done. I'm in no hurry. Of course, they are all solids too. But I am not complaining I wouldn't be able to make these quilts if I didn't have the scraps.

I have one more quilt basted to be quilted and then I have to make backs for another half dozen and baste those. Somewhere in there they will be insulating the house which will be a mess and I will need to work solely in the basement so there won't be much quilting.

David and Leon had a plumbing problem this morning, they work very well together if there is someone to translate Leon-speak into left-handed Swedish-Norwegian and vice versa.

Tomorrow there won't be much sewing, but Monday I should be able to finish binding Polka Dots and get a good picture. Timothy and Rosa will be here pretty soon for dinner it will be nice to see them. For now, though, I have a cup of coffee to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment