Monday, April 3, 2017

A few days ago I posted an enormous pile of Pinwheel blocks that I had sewn the first seam on. I started them through the second time and decided to alternate the big blocks with the small sets of four blocks. I really want to get them done. So this is what I ended up with.
 But I have gotten all the way through the big ones again and they are done. I even got Grace uncovered, mostly that is.
Now when I cut a block off it will be done. I have about 60 of the small blocks left to go and some odds and ends left, but I am getting close to being able to put the tops together. I don't know how many there will be but at least six different ones. Then I think I will do something else for a while. I am getting kind of tired of working with just solids and look forward to using some prints. I'm not even in the planning stage, and it will soon be time to start planning my weaving project for the summer.

Ambrosina and David spent some time this last weekend getting some yard work done. She is going to put some raised beds in the back behind the house for her vegetable garden. It's a lot of work, the kind they enjoy doing, though, I think they enjoyed it a lot. The boys enjoyed it too and came in flushed and happy. They are busy planning their end of school year party and it should be a blast. Water balloons and side walk chalk and smores being involved. I will be sure to get plenty of pictures.

It's time for some relaxing and hand sewing, with a nice hot cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment