Monday, May 2, 2016

I missed yesterday, I am not sure what happened, but I wasn't feeling very well. Anyway today I got started bright and early, and despite drinking my coffee on the front porch got quite a bit done. This is what I was working on this morning:
You can't see what it is very well yet but I only started it yesterday morning, and it is a new technique for me. It is a rising moon through a stand of bamboo. The pattern is clip art that was originally intended for stained glass, but I thought it would work for this. If I like doing it I will design my own pattern next time.
I also got Arty's quilt basted and ready to quilt this morning. It was in another tub of tops in the attic, making it 3 tubs of tops that I had up there instead of 2. From now on I quilt each top as it is finished and I will catch up on quilting the others between times.

It is machine embroidered and strip pieced, and not as big as the last couple that I quilted so I should get it done a little faster. He likes blue.
We had pouring down rain and cold wind for almost a week, and then in one day it got warm enough to drink our morning coffee on the porch. I got started on cleaning up my junk on the back porch so we can use it again. I am hoping that it will be warm enough down here to go through some of the things that I have decided to get rid of to make more room so I can weave. But for now I need to try to get a couple of things done in here. The day isn't getting any younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment