Monday, May 16, 2016

The white dress is done, except the hand sewing which I will do this afternoon. One less project taking up space and I think it turned out pretty well. It will be nice to have for this summer.
Three full rows are quilted on the T quilt, I think a couple more days of quilting will see it finished, and then the binding. I have some binding left over from other quilts that I will use, adding to the scrappy look of it. My hopping foot wasn't hopping, so it was catching on the seams making little jagged spots, so I changed it and the quilting is smoother. The quality of tools is really important to final results. I've heard the saying that it's a bad workman that blames his tools, but quality tools always makes a finer job, so I don't think that old saying is totally accurate.
I started sewing the hexagon blocks together, and this is where I am at:
It's not the way that I had originally planned to do it, but I like the way this is going and I am enjoying doing it, and I think that is what counts. I don't know if I will get much done on it today since I am going to do the handwork on the white dress.
David is making benches for the front porch, the top will open and put all the boys toys and sports equipment out of the way; with such a small yard organization is key.
All in all it has been a satisfactory sort of morning, I've even gotten a little cleaning and organizing done down here in the bedroom. I thought that when I didn't have small children of my own anymore that keeping things neat and tidy would be easy, boy was I wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment