Thursday, May 19, 2016

This morning I got the back to this quilt pieced.
Tomorrow I will baste it and then I can start quilting. This is the first time I have ever seen it in a picture or from a distance, and I can see where things could have been done better, so now I know. It's too late now, but next time I can make improvements. When I made this, at least ten years ago, I was in the middle of mental illness, and I am surprised that I made anything at all. Those days I mostly sat and played solitare on the computer. I am coping now, but I will never be "well". Mine is one that will always have to be managed, and I have a lot of family support, as well as others. At the time I also had thyroid cancer. When I consider how far I have come since those bad years, I did very well indeed. Keeping busy is a huge thing for me, it would be easy to sit and brood, always dangerous, and yet some days that's all I want to do so I try to be always busy, not too difficult with three growing grandsons always around.
For now though, I have made a start in cleaning the basement. My bedroom is mostly decluttered except for the stuff I am using all the time. I have sorted out two big boxes of stuff for Goodwill from the other part of the basement, I am trying to get my loom cleared up and ready to weave, since I have warp wound and ready to go on. I got a new Handwoven magazine today and feel a strong urge to weave, I haven't for several years. It's so easy to keep busy, I have so many things waiting for me to do them, things that I love doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment