Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I do not know where the days have gone. The pink quilt is finally finished, and boy was it a stinker to do. It was so thick and heavy that I was breaking needles constantly. I reckoned up that I used over two dozen, and I was trying to be careful. It looks pretty good though.

I have adjusted the settings as much as I can on my little camera and that is about the best I can get. I person it looks pretty good with the high contrast thread. I have spent a lot of time on it, and it is pretty big. The black thread tones down the pink somewhat so that it doesn't look quite so pink. I am enjoying having it done and if I do find anymore tops that I made that way I will not try to put so much quilting on them. For a description of how I did it go to May 22 I think.
 Aren't these lovely, I think iris' are the perfect flower. David took this picture and he doesn't change the settings on the camera, so they aren't always quite right for the circumstances. We have been enjoying all the flowers blooming along the streets this time of year. Ours are doing really well this year.
Monday we went to a place called Beaver Creek Nature Area where everyone went on a mile and a half hike. I couldn't go, of course, but I walked around the upper part and then sat and sewed in the shade. I miss the hikes we used to take, I don't know if I will ever be able to go again, but I can always hope, and meantime there are places that I can go to that I need to be grateful for. It was lovely and peaceful, and not too many bugs. A very enjoyable day

No comments:

Post a Comment