Thursday, May 5, 2016

Yesterday Rosa had her surgery, I was wrong as to where the pacemaker was implanted. It was in the heart but there is a lead that goes up and wraps around the vegas (? I probably have that wrong) nerve. Her epilepsy does not respond to medication so something had to be done. She had a couple of seizures as she was coming out of the anesthetic, but was doing better when we left.
This morning I finished quilting Arty's quilt and got the binding sewn on 3 sides when it was time to quit, I was tired.
I used binding left over from another project, I have quite a bit of odds and ends left from other quilts and projects. Ambrosina tells me this was left from making piping when I recovered a couch. I don't remember doing it, but it would have been over twenty years ago so no surprise there. There was just enough left for Arty's quilt, and it was blue like most of the front of the quilt so it went pretty good; saved me making binding, not my favorite task. When I get it bound then I will start piecing the back for Anthony's quilt, also make one of the dresses I have cut out and empty one of the bins of sewing projects that I need to get done. Then I can put something else in it.
Still no word on Juki, I sure miss her. I picked up a vintage machine yesterday at a thrift shop, but I haven't done anything with her yet. Hope to get to that this afternoon. I'll be working on straightening up the basement a little though and I want to get the loom cleared off so I can start dressing it now that the weather is warming up a little, although still cold down here. Since I have so much to get to today I guess that I had better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment