Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I have been ill, so I haven't been posting the last few days. I am feeling better, but I am still in a lot of pain, which isn't going to go away for a while so what can't be cured must be indured.
I did get a pretty good start on my white dress, the bodice and the zipper are done. I've always felt when I was making a garment when the zipper is installed the bulk of the work is done. Not really so most of the time, and not this time easier. It is a lined dress, so it will take twice as long, but as I say a good start.
I got Juki back this morning, and I was so happy. She is running good now, and the problem was part of what was wrong with it last month, so it didn't cost anything, they just missed it. I got Anthony's quilt back pieced and basted and even started a little quilting on it, not a lot it was a busy morning and I had to tidy up my sewing corner before I could work. The new sewing table David is making me should help a little with the clutter.

This is the kind of help I was getting today. She unthreaded the sewing machine 4 times this morning, and I still got the back pieced. I have a real sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from what I got done today, since I was struggling against such odds. The block is an orphan block that I made and decided that I don't like machine satin stitch applique. My how things change. I got pretty good at it, but prefer other methods now.
Ambrosina got the garden in yesterday, it's earlier than she has been able to get it in, we are having a wonderful spring. She didn't have very many tomato plants that survived, from her little greenhouse on wheels that she uses for starts. Happy was helpful to that too, she ate all the leaves off, but we can pick them up from some of the greenhouses that are dotted around all the big box stores. Last year we lost a lot of stuff in the garden in a bad hail storm, let's hope it doesn't happen again. Tomorrow we are supposed to have storms. So far it's been a lovely spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment