Friday, May 6, 2016

We had some glorious weather this morning. I start feeling like I will finally get warm when I can soak up the sun on the porch. David and I walked a little in the Japanese Gardens at Terrace Park this morning. The cherries are in full bloom and gorgeous.
Not very well focused I'm afraid, the wind was blowing an my camera shutter speed isn't very fast.
When we came home I finished Arty's quilt, I am happy to say.
Back:
 and front:
 Some of the blocks are machine embroidered with a story about dinosaurs that Arty told me when he was little and that I designed the patterns for. We plan to take it to him tomorrow.
And I still have a lot of those red plaid flannel pieces to use up, and still have a lot of orphan blocks that need permanent homes, but I have a lot of quilts that need backs so it will get used.
I'm still not real good at taking pictures, and it was very sunny when I took those so the colors are washed out, but I am not displeased with how the quilt turned out.
I pulled a bin out of the cabinet, and actually got started on one of the dresses that I have cut out. Clothing construction doesn't take very long and I think this one will go pretty fast. From now on I only cut out one garment at a time, they do no one any good just sitting in a bin somewhere.
Ambrosina brought home berries from the store today, yummy yummy. I sneaked a raspberry and they just melt in the mouth. Berries for breakfast in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment