Friday, April 1, 2016

It's been a long busy day. It was payday so we had all the shopping and bill paying to do, and I can honestly say I feel crippled. I did a little of the embroidery on the Asian wall hanging before we left but not a lot. The bad news is Hancock Fabric is closing. To Ambrosina and I going there was our day's outing. Looking at the patterns was a social occasion for us. There is still JoAnn's, but we don't like it as well. When David and I moved down here there was Mill Ends which closed and now Hancock's.
There is a fairly new quilt shop that I go into occasionally and Walmart has fabrics too, but limited. Today I got 2 yards of this:
Pretty bright I know but it won't be used alone, I am still in the planning stage with this one, and just barely there at that.
Yesterday I got the 2 halves of the 60 degree diamonds quilt done so all I have to do is join them. It is strictly a utility quilt. Etina says they need bedding to go camping with so maybe I will send it to them. It's still too cold to get the quilting frame set up and we even had a few flakes of snow today. If I get the 2nd trapunto quilt done before I can set the frame up I will start quilting it free motion in the dining room, I already have too many tops waiting in the attic to be quilted.
I'm sorry the picture isn't better, David was fiddling with the settings on my camera and it is working worse than usual.
It hasn't been pressed yet and the 2 halves haven't been joined. I'm not really worried if the points don't match up too well, since it's going to have some rough usage. I am enjoying making it and that is what counts. I have enough of the diamonds cut and sewn for at least 1 more top, maybe two, and I want to experiment with a different setting. That's what's so fun with a one piece quilt. Especially since it doesn't tax the brain with overthinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment