Thursday, March 31, 2016

I can't believe it. I honestly can't believe it. You know the trapunto quilt I just finished? That I didn't have enough blocks for? so I made some more? I found a whole bunch more in a different tub. Ones that were already finished. I am still struck dumb. It looks like I will be making another quilt. It's going to take me several more days to adjust my mind to it. It's not that we don't need another quilt for our bed, the ones we are using are just too small, but I don't know if I want to make another one. At least the blocks are completely done. I had just forgotten how many I had completed. Oh boy.
On a different note: I finished David's chair seat and it looks pretty good. Before:
And after:

When I was 8 years old we moved into a huge old Victorian house and this was a piece of furniture left behind. I loved it from the get go. It had an old black leather horsehair stuffed cushion. I have made new cushions for it several times, the boys were hard on it. Well David has always been hard on it too. He tends to be very careless of things and wear them out fast. I have resigned myself to making a new cushion every 5 years or so, but it is very comfortable and I do love it. Its been repaired and reglued several times. In their teens one of the older boys threw it at another. David has had to make new stretchers for it, but we love it.
I've also been working on zippered pillow cases for my bed. That is how I found the quilt blocks. I thought it was white fabric and that was what I was going to use for the pillowslips. I am highly allergic to dust mites and so I keep my bed pillows in the zippered pillowslips and every so often I make a half or dozen so that I can change them without having to wash them all in one day so I can get them back on the bed. Well, back to the drawing board.
David was helping Ambrosina paint the trim in the upper hall. It's both stories high and there is a large window. He was on the ladder and he dumped out the dark gray trim paint on the white walls. Oh well, there are always touch ups. A day in the life of a busy house. Sammy wanted lunch they were busy, so I said I would make him a sandwich. He seemed really surprised that I knew how to make a ham and cheese a ketchup sandwich. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment