Thursday, April 21, 2016

I finished the 2nd and last trapunto quilt today, it was a lovely warm sunny day and I hung it out on the porch rail for pictures and left it there to air it out. Parts of it are over 18 years old after all. Now I just looked out the window and it is absolutely pouring down rain. Lovely spring!
 Front and
back. It is a hodge podge utility quilt for my bed, and I used it to get some needed practice in on free motion quilting. After it has been washed a half a dozen times, and used for a few months it will have mellowed out, I am content with it, it is perfect, that is the right size for my bed to keep me warm while I sleep, and so I'm not too concerned with it's failings.
Tomorrow I will pin baste Sammy's quilt that is out on the frame, and if it wet from the rain I will throw it in the dryer. I have some other sewing that needs to be done while I wait for it to be ready. A huge tub of sewing as a matter of fact, so I don't need to be impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment