Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I finished Sammy's quilt today. I am so glad to have it done. I have a half a dozen projects lined up to work on right now, so I am relieved that I don't have the money to get any more batting until payday so I don't have to start quilting another top until then. I have to go up to the attic to find Arty's quilt top, but there is no hurry on that. I do need to check and see if I have to piece a back but I think i did that already. Anyway here are the pictures. The day has been rainy and cold and windy, but David put his coat on and took the pictures before he went down to get Malachi.

I think David changed the settings on the camera because the colors are a little washed out. I think the quilting turned out quite well. Some people call them pebbles, but I call them bubbles because the boys love them so. I used some leftover bias to bind it, it is a scrap quilt after all. It was from binding 3 other quilts, so long ago that I can only remember doing one of them, but still good and I didn't have to cut into my slim stash to make it.
I don't know why, but getting a large long term project done makes me feel virtuous.
For the rest of the afternoon I am going through my stash and sorting out what I want to use for piecing backs, and seeing just what fabrics I do have left to work with. Tomorrow I will clean out my sewing corner upstairs and organize it so I can get the projects I have outlined done before I start quilting another top. I have well over 30 tops that need quilting and I want to get some of them done, they aren't doing anyone any good stored in tubs up in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment