Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wow!!! It's been a busy day. After sewing all morning I had a class this afternoon. One of my classmates was in a terrible state, a friend of hers had committed suicide 4 days earlier. The pain of that is incredible, and one can't help but feel pain, and hurt at heart for her.
After that I had to go to Hancock's to get thread, the closeout prices aren't low enough for me to do too much shopping there yet, so I got my thread and left. Then I went to my favorite thrift shop Saver's, and got a big bag of fabrics, stripes, polka dots and plaids, my favorites. A good, temporary distraction.
 This is how the wall hanging is coming along. I don't like the blue on the lowest bird, I am going to rip that out and do something else with it. I haven't decided what yet, I wouldn't mind a few suggestions. I haven't touched the upper bird. He's beautiful, and I don't want to detract from that. I might just opt for beads for him and the same for the large sprays of flowers.
Speaking of birds: the cardinal who lives in our back yard spring and summer was singing his heart out all morning this morning. That delights the soul.

This is the tumbling blocks on the design wall. I finally figured out what was wrong with the one block there where you see the empty space. I know, I am a little slow. I do like the way this quilt is going though.
I know that many people might wonder what a pickle jar is doing in my bedroom at the foot of my bed. I use them for storage, and they work really good for storing small scraps of fabric where I can see them. Maybe a little odd, but it works for me, and there is always a supply, our family love pickles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment