Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I got the Viking back from the shop this morning and she is doing ever so much better, poor baby.
Ambrosina is varnishing the floor on the upstairs landing today, thus blocking the bathroom. She does a last call for 2 hours warning and everybody rushes up and then she does the floor. Fortunately it's a fast dry varnish and it is looking really good.
Here is the progress that i have made on the Asian wall hanging.
It is had to see but I have added silk ribbon to the joints in the bamboo to give depth and texture, and dark green blanket stitching around the edges of the bamboo stalks like applique. I still have a long way to go but it is starting to come together and I am enjoying it.

I haven't decided what color I am going to do the leaves in yet. I have been looking in Ambrosina's silk ribbon embroidery books to see if there are any stitches that I can adapt to the sewing machine, but I have a very limited amount of the silk ribbon. I've got some pearle cotton in limited colors that I can use and I think that is probably what I will use on the leaves and the rest of the flowers.
Today Sammy brought me three little puffed hearts of graduated sizes to sew together for him. I told him he was an applique quilter now, but he wouldn't have any of that. He was making a present for Grandma, and she would love it. And she will. Grandma is Leon's mom Rose. I am Nanny. It works out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment