Sunday, April 3, 2016

I started putting together the next downstairs treadle machine top yesterday.
The block needs to be pressed but I am not having any problem with y seams
But then I am used to garment construction so that probably makes it easier. The blocks are 15" x 18". Pretty big, so it should go together fairly fast. This is one of my fast fun utility quilts, we can always use bedding.
A couple of days I dug another old UFO out of the attic. 20 years and more ago I started a hand applique Baltimore album quilt. I'd forgotten about it and ran across it when I was looking for something else. Well, I've always enjoyed hand work, although I am out of practice, so I started work on it again. It's from Elly Sienkiewicz's books, which were stored with the project, so it's actually like having a whole new project it's been so long since I worked on it. I have about 13 blocks done, enough for a quilt I think, I don't know how many more I will make.
Not the best picture, but the only one I have taken of it so far.
My sewer's friend Happy is sitting between me and the computer. She thinks she should be the one to get all the attention.
"Ain't she sweet?"



No comments:

Post a Comment