Monday, April 18, 2016


I have tried to quilt out on the porch but it's raining and too damp for the machine to work well, it breaks needles if the quilt is damp, and I am not really sure how safe it is.
I came to a decision today. With my knee and hip pain it is not practical for me to stand to quilt, do I am going to give up doing it on the frame, and just free motion on the machine in the house. David can use the frame if he wants, otherwise I will put it in storage for a while until I decide what I want to do with it.


It is essentially only the end pieces and the rods and the sewing machine rides on a carriage on the rails. It was made by Handi quilter well over 15 years ago and I have got my money's worth out of it, but I can't stand to quilt anymore, and to tell the truth I don't enjoy it as much as sitting at the machine. I made the table out of set of bunk beds, but just about any table works. I wouldn't mind selling it, because I think I am through with it.
We had our first thunderstorm of the season. It wasn't much of one, just a couple of peals of thunder and I only saw one flash of lightening. Sammy starts his swimming lessons today and Ambrosina was worried the pool would be closed, but it looks like it will be ok.
The second trapunto quilt is  coming along. I am calling it More Of The Same since I have used the same fabrics for the borders on front and back, as I did on the first one. I probably have enough for another quilt left, but i am not going to make a third. I can use the strips to piece a back for one of the many tops I need to get quilted. All in good time I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment