Sunday, December 3, 2017

Quilt 29 one of my Pinwheel series. This one took a lot longer than usual because I marked it before I quilted it. Definitely I will have to have the special foot and rulers for the machine before I quilt this pattern again, anyway it is done and I am glad, my marking pens were almost dry before I was done and the marks were getting hard to see.
I like the way it looks on the back too. I used a sheet for this one also. Some people don't think highly of using sheets for backings but I see no problem. This is a utility quilt and meant to be used. I think a sheet will be durable and I didn't have to piece the back which meant a little faster.

Next year I won't set my sights so high. The goal of finishing all my UFOs isn't going to be reached, I had no idea I had so many! The burn out level was reached and I have been a lot slower for the last month. It's not that I didn't enjoy what I was doing, just that I got so tired. I am down to two Rubbermaid tubs of UFOs, but that doesn't include unquilted tops. I've lost count of those, except there is one full tub and another partial, as well as two quilts basted that I haven't quilted yet. I don't know if those will be completed before the end of the year but I hope to start one of them tomorrow.

After I put a zipper in a skirt for friend, I offered to look at her grand daughter's sewing machine because she couldn't get it to work right. Very simple tension problem coupled with a broken plastic bobbin. She brought the skirt to be repaired and I will get a little money to go towards our trip next summer.

I have possibly sold the kiln and potter's wheel and molds but I'm not holding my breath until I see the money in my hot little hand. If it is sold, that money will go towards our trip also.

The van blew a radiator hose so we are temporarily without transport. David can fix it when he feels a little better, so it's no big deal, just pretty cold outside to be working on cars. He has my sympathy, but I am glad it's not me!


No comments:

Post a Comment