Saturday, December 23, 2017

I had intended to bind the orange hexagon quilt this morning, however, I was so close to finishing this top that I just kept going until it was done. I will bind it either tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning. This is the only commercial pattern I have ever bought, I wanted to learn the technique, it was a good pattern for that. It's called "Joy" by Jaqueline de Jonge.It will be basted and quilted in the next batch I do, sometime after the beginning of the year. The next paper pieced quilt I will design myself. I already have several in mind, but not for a couple of weeks. Some zip lock baggies of UFOs are sitting under the sewing table waiting for attention.

With the orange hexagon quilt the total is 32 quilts for the year. I still have at least 6 tops that are over 20 years old. A lot more that are current, I don't know how many. I am pretty sure that I won't be able to do so many next year, I am pretty well burned out for the year. Pleased that I got so many done, I am still going to take it slower next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment