Thursday, December 14, 2017

I really love this quilt! Kentucky Chain. I pieced the top when Timothy, who was born in 1984, was a baby. Scrap quilt all the way. The zig zag at the bottom was totally accidental. All these years it's been looked at and unpacked and repacked I never noticed that I got the some of the blocks rotated the wrong way and the "chain" wasn't straight across the quilt. One of the fabrics was leftovers from a quilted jacked I made when Ambrosina was a baby. Another was a maternity dress I made when I was expecting Timothy. Still another was leftovers from a dress Nancy, David's sister, made when she was a girl. That's going back a long way, she was older than David. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
The back is a Ralph Lauren sheet that I picked up at a thrift shop. Wonderful fabric. I wouldn't even know where to go to buy one new, but I really know about thrift stores!
This is a closer up picture of it when I was finishing up the quilting this morning. It was a bit bright outside when I took the pictures and the back shows darker than it actually is.

This makes 31 quilts finished this year, I think, I have lost count. Of them all this one is the oldest. I still didn't get them all caught up, but I made a good try. This next year I will not set my sights so high. This game of catch up might not be possible to win and I got pretty tired.

For this afternoon's work I have to remove papers from the back of these blocks:
I got the center of it done this morning, I forgot to take a picture. Tomorrow for that. I am taking it slow to get it right the first time.

There is a Hairy Woodpecker on the suet block outside the bedroom window. I can't see it without standing up but I am going to hang a mirror up there so I will be able to see the birds' reflections. The window is so small and the wall is so thick that I only get about an inch sliver of it so I can't really see anything, the mirror should fix that.

That's it for today, a good working morning. Any day that I finish a quilt is a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment