Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Hexagon Lozenges. Finally finished. My last quilt of the year number 32. It is big, about 86" x 100". It didn't seem like it was that big when I was putting it together, but it sure did while I was quilting it!
Some of these blocks on the back are really old, 30+ years. They were left over from when I was making a sampler quilt and I was glad to use them up. The yellow and white one was given to me before David and I were married. It's about time it was used.
This is the next one in planning. Phillip loves cats and he has outgrown the quilt I made him when he was little.
You can see how tall he is in this picture. He was dressed as Rabshakah in the drama they put on of Hezekiah. Leon was Senakarib.(I know the spellings are all wrong) It was very interesting and fun.
Samuel as Hezekiah and Malachi as the Israelite fugitive, he also played the avenging angel that struck down the 185,000 Assyrian soldiers. A good time was had by all.

I had to come downstairs early today. The upstairs is a mess and I could hardly breathe. Then they turned the power off to work on the wiring and I couldn't sew. The temperature is ten below and that doesn't count the wind chill. That means it's really cold down here so I had to turn the heater on which makes it cost more money. I'll be glad when the house is back to normal.

 This is what it looks like.
And this is what the view is from my sewing corner. I needed thread out of that cabinet in the far corner, I decided to wait. The power is still out and I don't know when they will be done so they can turn it back on. Oh well, it will be done by the end of the week, everybody has to go back to work on Tuesday. To be sure, Leon will want his TV back long before that!

David said the other day he wishes he could build me a studio to work in. I told him I didn't want one, I would rather work around the rest of the family, it is so much fun watching this great group of people I live with.

Power is back on, I think I'll go up and sit at my sewing machine, there is a heater vent in my sewing corner and it helps thaw me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment