Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Happy modeling the center of the current project. I am very pleased with the way this project is going. The name of the pattern is "Joy" by Jaqueline de Jonge. This is the only pattern I have ever bought. I choose this one because it was on sale and I wanted to learn the process before I started designing my own. It is fun, fun, fun! I have so many ideas that I don't know which one to start on next. The fabrics are those plaid flannels and homespuns that I bought in a bag at a thrift store a few months ago. There are not many left but I am thinking of piecing cats out of what is left. We will see.

Speaking of cats, this is one of the blocks that is on the current quilting project.
 And elephants.
And little furry animals, and a little bee.
It's fun to be quilting along and rediscover some of the fabrics in it.

I am still piecing along with my hexagons. Yesterday I felt the urge to do some hand quilting, I don't know how long it will last, but if it persists I may hand quilt the next hexagon top. That's another thing I can leave for the future to decided, there is no hurry.

I hear from the noise our little boys (and I don't know why I keep calling them little) are home, time to go up and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment