Friday, December 22, 2017

Here is a corner section nearly done. Not a really good picture, the light down here in the basement isn't very good. I'll do the last pinning this afternoon. This project is nearly done!

I finished the quilting on the hexagon quilt that is under the needle upstairs.
Tomorrow I bind and get a picture if it isn't too cold. There are no more basted so until payday when I can get some batting I will work on piecing backs. If I get those done before then I have some UFOs that I can work on. No shortage there. I haven't decided the next major project for upstairs on the Viking. Maybe cat quilts. All three of the boys love cats and I have seen some really cute paper pieced quilt blocks featuring cats. No shortage of ideas there either!

Leon suggested that we sell the car and rely on them for rides when we want to go somewhere. I don't like that idea, I would hate to lose what independence we do have, it's not a lot, but it's some. Ambrosina would always be in a hurry when she took me somewhere and not want to stop if I saw a rummage sale. She definitely wouldn't want to go to antique shops to look at old sewing machines, much less bring any home. If I bought something she didn't think I needed I would have to feel her disapproval all the way home. It's a difficult decision, the car is on it's last legs and we can't afford another one. I hate this getting old thing.

Oh well, it does beat the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment