Tuesday, December 12, 2017

So I am glad I choose yellow to set these blocks together with. I got off to a slow start with them this morning, I couldn't seem to get organized, therefore I didn't get much done on them. Tomorrow will be better, I will know what I am doing by then.

I love the way this black and red quilt is coming together. I think I will be able to finish the quilting tomorrow. That is a sheet there on the back. An expensive one, although I got it at a thrift shop. It is quilting up like a dream. Surprisingly the back looks really good with the front, even though it seems like the pink flowers should clash with the red. Anyway I like it. I am not sure what I am going to bind it in. The top was made so long ago that I don't have any of the fabrics left to use. I have the rest of the day to figure it out. Maybe tomorrow too, I am not sure how long the quilting will take to finish.

Meanwhile it's cold and David has his winter doldrums. He doesn't get enough exercise and sleeps way to much so he doesn't feel good. Then that makes him depressed and crabby, which makes him feel worse. It's the same every winter. It's an excellent chance to work on my quality of patience, something I always need. Ambrosina has got herself a treadmill. I am going to politely suggest to David that he might want to use it, then if necessary get firm about it. She has already suggested it to him which makes it more likely that he will, since he will do just about anything she asks. I should be so lucky. There again the chance to be patient.

Almost halfway on grandson Ben's turtle top. Picture tomorrow. This is the fourth turtle quilt with two left to go. So far I am not bored with them. I wish patience with people came as easy as patience with sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment