Sunday, December 31, 2017


I bought this pattern when Ambrosina was little. I figured: little girl-dolls-doll clothes. Not my little girl with five brothers! This in no way expresses any disappointment in her, she has always been a joy. Anyway, it dates back to when there was a Sprouse-Reitz on Vashon Island over by Beck's Market. A long time ago. Anybody familiar with Vashon will know, anybody else, that was a lifetime ago.
In a mood of hopeful optimism I cut them out when our only grand daughter was born, she however preferred cars like her daddy our oldest boy David, so I never got around to sewing them. Now however, I am going to get all this stuff caught up, I have two large tubs to go. Happily there are several quilts in the tubs so I won't go into withdrawal.



This one is next.
Barbie sized. This pattern is newer, although I cut it out about the same time. I've always wanted to make Renaissance costumes, and this is probably about the closest I will get. I'll probably get done about the time the boys go back to school. Then I go back to quilting and work on UFOs only a short time during the day.

It's been too cold to sew in the evenings down here. Fifteen below with the wind chill 40 below. We have wind chill warning, nobody is supposed to go out unless it's an emergency and try to leave that to the professionals. Meeting was canceled, but I probably would have gone anyway when it's this cold. My fibromyalgia really plays up when it's this cold.

So, although I am not doing anything world shaking I am finding it enjoyable. They say a change is as good as a rest, I don't see myself slowing down any time soon. How boring would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment