Thursday, November 30, 2017

Last night in my before-going-to-bed sewing time I finished my grand daughter Jasmyn's turtle top. Maybe pink shoes with turtles is a little incongruous, I don't think she will mind though. She likes pink, she likes shoes and she likes turtles, works for me. So that's half of the turtle quilts pieced. Tonight I start on her little brother Ben's turtle top, he won't get pink shoes.

Ambrosina and Leon drove to Albert Lea, a town about 3 hours from here, they are picking up their new car from the Chevy dealer there because it is owned by the same company Leon works for.I've never had a brand new car, I don't suppose I ever will, but I did enjoy the new-car smell in Ambrosina's last year. They are trading in Leon's pick-up.

I am down to 8 blocks remaining on the Pinwheel 9 Patch. If I have to mark another top I will do it before I get it basted the way I am supposed to, what a pain it has been marking it with the basting already done. That's what I get for changing my mind about how I want to quilt something I guess. Another couple of days will see it finished.

I am now piecing the borders on the paper piecing project. The name of the pattern is Joy by Jaqueline de Jonge, the next ppp (paper piecing project) will be of my own design. I tend to get bored with other people's designs although I haven't with this one. It's complicated enough to hold my attention I suppose.

I hear by the noise that our little boys are home. Time to go up and see how their day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment