Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Yesterday was my shopping day. Ambrosina and I went to Joann's and I got this yellow to put my pp blocks together with. I had originally been planning on using a plaid or a "homespun" and either I didn't like what was there, or, it didn't look right with these beautiful plaids and homespuns I had already used. After I tried a few I wandered around looking for a while and this yellow caught my eye. When I auditioned it, it was perfect. Wonder of wonders it was on sale! I am still not ready to put the top together, I have a few more strips to piece, that will come soon.
It was a day for yellows. I am planning a blue and yellow quilt but I didn't have enough variety. I still want some more, but that was all the money I dared spend. It doesn't hurt to work on being patient and I will wait until next month to get some more. I told David I would share most of my fabrics with him but he wasn't getting any of the half yard cuts I bought, he would have to get his own. He didn't seem to have any problem with that.

We got a bit more snow last night with more to come over the next couple of days. I am glad I won't have to go anywhere the next few days. I got the dentist and shopping over with yesterday so the rest of the week will be slow and steady at the machines and down here on the handwork. Life seems pretty good to me today, there is a steaming cup of coffee here too! "Who could ask for anything more?"


No comments:

Post a Comment