Monday, October 30, 2017

I'm still having a lot of mouth pain, so not doing a whole lot. When I was at the dentist he told me that the two he was pulling out were not the only ones that were having problems and I wonder how many more I will lose. I go back tomorrow.

I started quilting on what I call Hexagon Star this morning.
I decided to use red thread since so many of the fabrics in the quilt are red. I put the walking foot on and I am just quilting straight rows down the middle of the hexagons. I found that I had left a couple of the paper templates in, but unfortunately after I had already quilted them. They are staying in. Eventually with washing they will disintegrate, I hope.

I finished the first set of paper piecing for the new quilt, so I printed out these pages so I can start to work on the next set tomorrow. So far, so good, and I am really enjoying the process with the next one to paper piece already planned, a twisted log cabin in blue and yellow, a combination I love. I don't have enough fabrics for it though and it will have to wait until I can afford more.
That's ok though, there is a lot of piecing yet to do on this top. I've only just really begun. The name of the pattern is Joy by Jaqueline de Jonge. I don't usually buy patterns, I wanted to try one that I knew would work before I began designing my own paper piecing. I am a pretty quick learner though and the possibilities are endless.

David is in bed with a headache, nothing I do disturbs him much though, but I will spend a quiet afternoon doing hand work. I am making more Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks to use up the hexagons I have basted and ready to go, as well as work on the mosiac one that I have planned. I am starting to think the English Paper Piecing projects are starting to wind down, when they are done I will go on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment