Sunday, November 5, 2017

Number 27 for the year and I love it! I am calling it Mosaic. it consist of about 3900 three quarter inch English Paper Pieced hexagons. I finished it yesterday afternoon, we were expecting guests so I didn't get time to get it posted here until this afternoon.

I just heard on the news that there has been another shooting in a church in Texas with over 20 dead. I feel so bad for these people and their families. I do not understand what can be going on in those peoples minds when they do that. Do they even have a mind? Certainly no heart.

The hexagon stars that I am working on is nearly done, I just have to fill in some 60 degree diamonds on the top and bottom. I am hoping to get that done in one evening of sewing, I am getting really tired of it sitting around down here. And, of course, the next one is already planned.

Last night we put another quilt on the bed. That's it we are officially into winter: it's two quilt weather.

This is the back of the quilt.
I did a simple cross hatch quilting design with my walking foot, I didn't want the quilting to compete with the pattern of the piecing. I won't be piecing too many more backs I am running out of large scrap pieces that I can use. I did start putting together the next back, I had a few minutes this morning. I think I will probably be buying sheets to use as backs.

I think I will now turn on the news and work on my hand sewing, I don't know what good watching the news will do but at least the hand sewing is soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment