Monday, October 16, 2017

 I got this put together this morning. I still have a few things packed away that are waiting on the living room to get painted but the sewing corner is mostly all put away. The foot Brunehilde the Viking was packed but I got it out this morning and used her to finish this top.
 These are closer views of the blocks put together. It will have to wait until I get the ones I have basted now done. It seems like I have been on Starring Pinwheels forever, but that is just because I had to wait to get my sewing corner put back before I could work on it.
I tried my hand at paper piecing for the first time this morning also. I didn't quite get the hang of it, although I did do enough to figure out what I was doing wrong, and tomorrow I will give it another go. As usual I want to spend more time quilting the tops I already have done rather than make more tops that need to be quilted. The plan is still to get them caught up so I can make a quilt right through from start to finish. I wonder if that is dreaming the impossible dream?

I printed out some hexagon graph paper this morning and i am going to plan (yes, plan) the next hexagon top. I have something in mind and I want to see if I can do it. When I run out of ideas, if I run out of ideas, then I'll donate the rest of the prepared hexagons somewhere and go on to something else. I still have too many ideas that I want to try out. I am getting really fast at hexagon quilts though!

So now it's out with the colored pencils and see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment