Friday, October 13, 2017

The tatted doily finished. I didn't realize it would be this big. It didn't take all that long to make, I didn't work on it steadily, I had too many other things I was doing. Anyway it has satisfied my lace making desire for a while. I was planning the next hexagon quilt a the same time, and I decided on a design, sort of. I need to get some hexagon graph paper and draw it out with colored pencils.
I quilted on this during the morning. I had four bobbins wound with white thread and I didn't want to waste it so I put Starring Pinwheels aside for the morning and emptied those bobbins, then I could wind them with black and I wouldn't have to stop so often to rewind bobbins with black. I see more bobbins purchased next payday.
Starring Pinwheels is looking pretty good though. Each one of the stars takes a full bobbin of thread and a half an hour to quilt. There are 15 stars and they are 18 inches, so they are big. The white of the background and sashing strips is done, so I just have the pinwheel cornerstones, the pink stars and the border to do in black. It is time consuming since I am doing the stars in such small circles. I'll call them pearls, they are about that size!

I got a good start on putting the first turtle quilt together last night. I think it's going to be very cute and I will have a picture tomorrow or the next day, I think. Hexagon Stars is also getting near to completion. I'm not in any hurry for that one, I'm getting too many ahead of me to be quilted again. Losing all that time by having my sewing corner disrupted upstairs put me behind. Next year maybe I'll get the UFOs all completed. A person can always dream.

And I hear the boys are home, time to run up and see how their day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment