Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My second attempt at paper piecing went very well this morning and I am loving it! I can see that I am going to use more fabric than I anticipated though. There seems to be more waste doing it this way, but I am hooked. It took me well over an hour to piece these two strips; I know I will get faster, I am still feeling my way through the process. Learning this skill the possibilities are endless and the creative juices are flowing. If I am not careful I will have another tub full of UFOs.

My pretty girl was posing this morning. It's hard to get a picture with the light behind her that way, her silhouette is nice though. If we let her out she wouldn't like it, it's cold this morning. Winter is on the way, no snow in the forecast but this time of year we know it won't be long.

I wonder if I am alone in this: Whenever Ambrosina wants something David always has time and energy to do it. There are things that he has promised me he would do months, if not years, that I am still waiting on that he hasn't the time or energy for. Does a daughter always get precedence over a wife? I find it annoying in some ways although I myself would do almost any thing for her. I still think that he could get around to some of the things he has promised without me constantly reminding him. Oh well.

I am down to one row of blocks on Starring Pinwheels. The blocks are going faster now that I am actually spending the time on them. After that the borders. I want it done! I am thinking by the end of the week, but we will see. I am surprised on how tired doing all the little circles on the blocks is making my arms. Pushing through to do a  whole row of blocks makes them feel like they weigh a ton, the quilt is so big and heavy. It will be nice to do something smaller for a change.

I find I am getting negative, time to give myself a pep talk, after all the glass is half full, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment