Monday, October 9, 2017

I am promised my sewing corner back tomorrow. I don't know how long it will take me to put everything back and put it all away, but at least I can get a good start.

Meanwhile down here I got quite a bit done.
Hexagon stars. Not done but getting there. These seams are all y seams so they take a little longer to get right.
All the turtle blocks are done. They still need pressing and I don't have a final count yet, I think it will reach about 150. Once I get the sewing area upstairs back I can cut out the lattice strips and cornerstones and start putting them together into tops.






I also finished all 6 of my "girl" blocks by hand. They were fun and fast with applique and embroidery, just don't look at the backs! They will be in a wall hanging so it won't matter that I have never been able to make my backs look as pretty as the front. I have the fabric to finish them already so I can cut it as soon as I get my sewing area upstairs back. I don't know when they will be quilted as tops are starting to pile up again since I haven't been able to quilt.

It has also turned out cold and we expect our first frost tonight. Ambrosina is going with the boys after school over to the garden and gather everything that is left. There will be more pickling and canning and freezing to come in the next week or so. David also opened the heater vents down here and cleaned out the lint trap of the small space heater so we are ready to go when it gets too cold. I will also spend more time upstairs to save heating costs.

I have started pinning Drunkard's Path bird blocks, which is the time consuming part of the pattern. I am not ready to sew them yet, but I will have the prepared when I am. I am hoping to use up the remaining solid color pieces I have cut out on the birds and then I can use prints for the fish that I have in mind since I will need a square the same color as the body of the fish. Sounds a little complicated, I need to sit down and draw the pattern I have in mind.

I am hoping that things will get back to normal soon, I am really missing Brunhilde my Viking sewing machine and have many winter projects planned. For now it's back to the hand work that I love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment