Thursday, October 12, 2017

Starring Pinwheels is coming along pretty good. I forgot and wound all my bobbins in white, so that when I got to the black thread quilting I only had 3 empty bobbins. Each one of these big stars takes a full bobbin of thread. That is a lot of quilting! I like the way it is turning out. Each one of these circles is about the size or smaller of a dime which is needed going into the points. It takes a while though. I think I will pull one of the other basted quilts out of the trunk and empty the white bobbins on it so that I will have more bobbins to wind black onto. That way I won't have to stop so often to unthread and wind black bobbins.

It has turned off cold, I need to pull out my winter clothes and get ready to start bundling up. Sigh. Soon I will start to putting the heater on to take the chill off as I get ready to settle in to do my afternoon's handwork. Right now is about the time I start figuring out how many months it will be before it starts to warm up again. Not that it helps any. I know I can live through it, I've managed before. Every year in fact, just like everybody else! I do so love the summer though. At least this year I will have enough quilts to put on my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment