Friday, March 25, 2016

My first thought was Wow!! I had about 10 people look at my blog in the last couple of days. I wish that I had had something more interesting to read. I've been feeling really rotten the last couple of days, so I have spent most of them watching The Quilt show online and vegging out, working on my hexagon quilt if I felt like it. I did do a little on the treadle yesterday afternoon and now I have a pile of the Happy Trails blocks sewn into fours, turning the 80 blocks into 20. I thought that they would be more manageable that way.

This is not my best work by a long shot, and I am not sweating the details. It's a utility quilt and for fun. Can you see the horses? After it is quilted I will sew buttons on for eyes. I think it will be fun quilt for someone, maybe one of the grandchildren.
This morning I cut out an organizer bag to carry the hexagon quilt in so that it is easier to grab and go. I hope I will be able to work on it tomorrow, I don't think it will take me long, and it should fit right down in my purse.
I'm going to try to get a little more done on the Happy Trails quilt this afternoon, but I am still not feeling to good so I don't know how much. My sewer's friend Happy just wandered through trying to find something to get into. She is having one of her contrary days. David changed some furniture around in here and she's got to try to figure out what he did and explore it, although she knows it all. Her favorite trick is to knock everything I am working on to the floor, so she's working on that as I write. I am going to try needle felting some catnip into a ball I bet it will be hilarious!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment