Wednesday, March 30, 2016

It has been a busy morning. I finished my dear DIL Etina's kitchen curtains I hope she likes them. Payday is Friday so I should be able to get them mailed off and out of the way this week. When I was looking for the next UFO to work on at the treadle in my bedroom I ran across a seat cover I had cut out for David's chair up in the living room. I had forgotten all about it and planned to do it in something else. No way am I starting it over so I worked on that after I had the curtains done and it is almost done too. Upholstery is always pretty fast. I do like doing it too so it doesn't seem tedious and the results are always worth it. I will finish it tomorrow and have pictures of it then.
David has made me an add on table to go around the Viking because the bed just isn't big enough. I  can't lay the project I am working on flat because it hangs over the edge. I know I could buy a table to put it into, but I can't afford it, and why be married to a carpenter if he can't make me the add on table. And of course, he is so meticulous it is like a nice piece of furniture. His biggest problem was figuring out how to make the pattern so it would fit closely enough since the base isn't the same shape as the bed of the machine. He's done just fine though, and it is nice a smooth for the fabric to slide on easily.

Of course it belongs over in the sewing corner, but the dining room table works for taking pictures. The fuzzy part is the top of Sammy's head. Anyway it's all ready and waiting for me to go up and start sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment