Friday, March 11, 2016

I haven't posted in several day, I have been going flat out on several things and the weather has been wonderful! I took my Kumihimo out onto the front porch to sit in the sun and work, and found that Ambrosina was pressure washing the front porch before putting the porch furniture out for the season so I came back in and sat in the living room to do it.
I have most of the stuff in our little downstairs sitting room put away for the first time in I don't know how long. I was going to mop this morning, but I ran out of time. We went to Hancock's instead and patterns were on sale so I came home with a few more, not that I need them. Ambrosina got fabric for clothes for the boys especially Sam because he his built so different than most kids. Roughly the shape and size of a tank.
I have the blocks of the trupunto quilt mostly joined together. More and more I am convinced that quilt as I go just doesn't work for me. If the weather stays this warm I will have to get the quilting frame ready to go next week. It would be nice I have a lot of tops to get done this spring and summer. We took a little walk yesterday, to the corner and back, my knees not functioning well, but I hope to gain a little strength, and less pain as we do it more.
I am still working on the snail trail blocks down here in the bedroom, but haven't done a lot this week as I have been cleaning. Since deciding to sell the kiln I have been going through stuff and filling boxes for good will and, of course, the garbage. I will still have more stuff than I want or need, but at least it will be better for a while.
Here is a picture of my little sewing helper Happy:
Is she not adorable? She doesn't like my older vintage machines because they are not flat enough on the top to sit on while I sew and she is jealous. She does slow production down a little, but really if I can't take the time to enjoy her company what is the point of having her at all? Happy spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment