Monday, March 21, 2016

I finished the quilting on the trapunto quilt today!! I am so glad that is done. Tomorrow I will bind it, but I am too tired as of now to manhandle it any more.
I had my appointment with my endocronologist  (there is a red wavy line under that to show it's misspelled but that is the closest that I can come to the spelling) today and all went well, but it took a good part of the morning.
I have all of the Happy Trails blocks done. In the 1988 Great American quilts I saw a Snail Trail quilt with prairie points on them so they would look like dinosaurs, so I thought, "that's cute I will do that for one of my babies" but I never got around to it. Then I was looking through my books for inspiration and saw it again a few years ago and thought I would make it for one of my grandbabies. I am finally getting around to it, but I liked the idea of using rick rack (I love it) for the spines, but I thought they looked more like horse, so I am calling it Happy Trails. Anyway this is an untrimmed block and I am getting ready to put them all together, at last! It's not trimmed yet so don't get excited.
Don't you think after I quilt it and add buttons for eyes it will look like horses? I see there is a seam I need to adjust. Woops












No comments:

Post a Comment