Friday, March 18, 2016

I am in the middle of a sewing machine crisis! The Juki went bottoms up day before yesterday right in the middle of quilting the first border on the trapunto quilt. It's not something I could fix, I think it's the timing as it's shattering needles. I didn't hit a pin because if I use them I pull them out before the needle comes to them, I checked all the usual reasons for jamming, nothing there. I keep it cleaned and oiled, it was nothing obvious. I do put hundreds of miles on in a week (only a slight exaggeration). So David took it in, and it will be at least a week. Arghh. I am pressing on with the Viking, but it doesn't do as nice a job on free motion quilting as the Juki, and I am having tension troubles. It is due for another servicing, it was to go in next, but I cannot go machineless, so it will have to wait until next month, poor baby, the best thing I can do for it is keep it clean. It still seems strange to me not to oil a machine, but they say not so I don't. I am, however, stubbornly determined to get that quilt done. It's my oldest ufo and I WILL get it done before I do anything else!!!!! It's a massive amount of quilting and my arms and shoulders are getting tired of manhandling it, but virtue will have it's own rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment